Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost :: View topic - Why is it?
Ghost, Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Forums - Ghost And Paranormal Message Forums - Ghost, ghost hunter, paranormal forums - ghost and paranormal message forums. Ghost forums and paranormal forums, ghost stories, ghost chat, true ghost stories and much more. Find ghost forums, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost message boards, ghost discussion groups, ghost message forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, ghosts, paranormal forums, paranormal message boards, aedryan methyus, endless slumber, ghost chat, paranormal chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost study groups, ghost discussions, ghost stories, true ghost stories, ghost forums, ghosts, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, ghosts and MUCH more!
Ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms,  paranormal forums, ghosts, paranormal, the paranormal, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, paranormal forums ghosts, demons, ghost hunters, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, TAPS, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal forums, ghosts, demons paranormal research, facts about ghosts, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunters, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts ghost study, the study of ghosts, ghosts, hauntings, spirits, the paranormal, TAPS,  ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, paranormal chatrooms, paranormal discussion boards, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost hunters, TAPS, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts, demons, spirits, the after life, the afterlife, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion forums, ghosts, spirits, paranormal, after life, the after life, the afterlife, ghost forums, paranormal forums paranormal message forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost discussion, ghost discussions, the paranormal, ghosts, spirits, hauntings, demons, the paranormal, the after life, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, paranormal chat rooms ghosts, spirits, hauntings, ghost hunters, taps, the paranormal, after life, afterlife, paranormal, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal message forums, ghost message forums, ghost hunter forums, forums about ghosts, ghost stories, facts about ghosts
The time now is Jan Fri 09, 2009 3:59 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Why is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Sensitives
View previous topic | View next topic  
shaybeck

PostPosted: Mar Fri 24, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Why is it? Reply with quote

Why is it that some people are able to see apparitions and some can't? What I mean is some people physically see something and some people say they sense/hear something but can't see anything?

Do you think it depends on the Spirit, ghost, etc,. that enables the difference? I've often wondered about it.
fratka
Prestigious Innovator Of Ghost Study

PostPosted: Mar Fri 24, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: My take on it. Reply with quote

Well, I think it is too confusing to really get an accurate answer for this....

The technical answer.... Some people have a wider range of sensitivity to light. They simply see more than others, kind of like cats (for example). They see a much wider spectrum of light than we do and they're eyes are built to collect more light in low light conditions.

The cynical answer.... Most people are lying or "think" that they saw an apparition. Believe it or not there are people out there who lie about their paranormal experiences for whatever reason. Then there are people who don't really know what they are seeing and call it an apparition through ignorance.

The hypothetical answer.... Holographic illusion! The apparition appears only at certain angles. If you are perpendicular (90 degrees) of the apparition and can see it, a person at 45 degrees may not. I personally have been caught by surprise by an apparition that I saw clear as day. My teammate saw absolutely nothing who was only a few feet away! I noticed as it turned and disappeared that it seemed to rotate out of site. It's hard to explain in words...kind of like it was pulling a sheet over itself.

I haven't been able to witness this phenomena enough to attribute any known or accepted science to the activity. For the most part you get to catch glimpses and don't get any significant amount of time to study this phenomena.

Death does not exist!
http://thecontactfield.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/fratka
shikakubu
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Mar Sat 25, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im more and more apt to believe the light sensitivity argument these days, or at least thats its a part of it. I cant even stare at an ordinary object for longer than three seconds without it burning an image on my eyes that lasts half a minute or more. But i still also think some peoples brains simply wont let them notice some things that are within their sense ranges.
chaos theory

PostPosted: Mar Sun 26, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also leaning more towards light sensitivity. Could it be that someone with more or better control over the cones and rods in the eye be more likely to see an apparition. Cones being able to see distance and color and rods being able to see black and white and low light conditions.

Animals are able to see at night because they have only rods in their eyes. If the idea about the animals being able to see ghost/spirits/enities is correct, maybe it's because of the rods or someone has more control over the mind. I'm not saying everyone doesn't use their entire brain, just that maybe certain people have more control over it.
shikakubu
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Mar Tue 28, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most mammals also have a reflective coating on the backs of thier eyes called the tapitum lucidem that helps too, which is why their eyes glow at night.
fratka

PostPosted: Mar Wed 29, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a similar affect from infrared light. It looks cool on video too.

Death does not exist!
http://thecontactfield.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/fratka
shaybeck

PostPosted: Mar Fri 31, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone thinks that it's because of light sensitivity that some people are able to see apparitions? I agree with Frank on not being given enough time to study the apparition...it's there and gone in my case...I've seen it so many times so I'm able to give a description of what it looks like...
ghostlydad
Ghost Enthusiast
Ghost Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mar Fri 31, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostlymom here,
I had to get in on this one. I have seen an apparition of a man in my barn looking out a window, but its like my eyes taking a picture. Its just a flash and he is gone. I have seen him enough times to know what he is wearing, and sort of what he looks like. When I see him I know he is really there and then afterwards my brain goes ok did you really see that. As for animals I can say my bloodhound either sees them or what I believe to be a better theory is smells them. My dog chews and growls at a certain spot in our wall. I have had a exterminator here thinking an animal has gotten into the wall somehow. This is in our stairwell and I have never liked the feel of the stairwell. Walking down or up the stairs my hair stands up, its colder, i get the feeling of just wanting to run away. I also have a spirit in our home that just gives me the willies for a lack of a better term, and sure enough as soon as I sense he is in the room the dog will start growling, showing his teeth and biting at thin air. The light theory is very intresting!!!
shaybeck

PostPosted: Mar Fri 31, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghostmom, I think I need to elaborate on the apparition that I see on a regular basis...Over the last 30 years I've had the same little girl in my home..Now keep in mind that I've moved quite a few times and it usually takes her about 3 months to come back after I move but sure enough she will. I moved recently on February 28th of this year and so far have not seen her...So my guess is she will show up somewhere around May 28th. My daughters have seen her ..."except for my youngest" I have a 19 and 17 year old and a step daughter who is 15...the 19 & 15 year old have seen her but the 17 year old hasn't or she just won't admit it.."She's my tough cookie"...Anyway I don't get a menacing feeling and I'm not afraid of the little girl...she is there and gone really quick but I do know that she has a high neck dress...Can't see her feet...has a bun or pony tail in her hair and age range is from approximately 7-10 years old...I don't know if I would call her a residual haunting because it just doesn't fit the pattern..I've kept a log on her sightings for years "after I stopped thinking that I was just seeing things" right around my teenage years up until now..and there is no pattern.....now as far as light sensitivity I'm going to say "could be" but then again I'm no expert ...I just know that she's been with me for a long time and other things have happened to me as far as the Paranormal...When you say it's like your eyes are taking a picture of it the apparition your right...you wouldn't have enough time to take a regular pic unless you just sat there for days on end in hopes that you might just catch it on film...also it's so fast that I don't think it would catch it fast enough...Thanks for your input ghostlymom
chaos theory

PostPosted: Mar Fri 31, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm undecided on whether it's light sensitivity, but would lean towards that it is the case. I've seen a few different apparitions, on a couple occasions I wasn't the only person to see it and lasted for around a minute. The reason I'm not sure is because on one of the occasion it was my brother who saw it too. My eyes are sensitive to light but I can see great at night but he is not very light sensitive and can't see well at night.
RatSmile

PostPosted: Jun Mon 19, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you would like to try this, there is an excrise that helps the eyes collect more light in darkness. It's an old Asian excrise for the warriors to help them see better in the dark. This may shed some light on the situation (please excuse the pun).

In order to do this excrise you must rise in the morning before the sun. Stand in a clearing so that you can clearly view the sun while it rises. Face the sun, but do not look directly at it. Instead face the sun and look off at 45 degree angles of the sun. Example, start looking at a 12 oclock position and more around to a 3 oclock, 6 oclock, 9 oclock and back to the 12 oclock. Continue this for up to 10 minutes or so. They say this helps the pupils to diolate to collect the light.

I have done these excrises and I will say that they have helped me see better in the dark and I have noticed more activity around me, but I don't know if it is because of these excrises or not to be honest.
WhiteShadow
Infatuation With Ghosts
Infatuation With Ghosts

PostPosted: Oct Sun 08, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any good Web pages about this
light senitivity theory? I would like to know more about
it.
ellycat
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Jul Sat 14, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it could be a comibatoin of things like that light thing and and i have noticed that that some poeple see with more detail... and maybe just maybe have you noticed that sometimes when some one points something out to you it takes awhile to see ie your freind sees another freind walking by and they point them out to you and sometimes you dont see it for a while so maybe somepeople sences work faster then others at recongises in things then others .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Sensitives