Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost :: View topic - Erie haunts
Ghost, Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Forums - Ghost And Paranormal Message Forums - Ghost, ghost hunter, paranormal forums - ghost and paranormal message forums. Ghost forums and paranormal forums, ghost stories, ghost chat, true ghost stories and much more. Find ghost forums, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost message boards, ghost discussion groups, ghost message forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, ghosts, paranormal forums, paranormal message boards, aedryan methyus, endless slumber, ghost chat, paranormal chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost study groups, ghost discussions, ghost stories, true ghost stories, ghost forums, ghosts, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, ghosts and MUCH more!
Ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms,  paranormal forums, ghosts, paranormal, the paranormal, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, paranormal forums ghosts, demons, ghost hunters, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, TAPS, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal forums, ghosts, demons paranormal research, facts about ghosts, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunters, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts ghost study, the study of ghosts, ghosts, hauntings, spirits, the paranormal, TAPS,  ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, paranormal chatrooms, paranormal discussion boards, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost hunters, TAPS, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts, demons, spirits, the after life, the afterlife, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion forums, ghosts, spirits, paranormal, after life, the after life, the afterlife, ghost forums, paranormal forums paranormal message forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost discussion, ghost discussions, the paranormal, ghosts, spirits, hauntings, demons, the paranormal, the after life, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, paranormal chat rooms ghosts, spirits, hauntings, ghost hunters, taps, the paranormal, after life, afterlife, paranormal, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal message forums, ghost message forums, ghost hunter forums, forums about ghosts, ghost stories, facts about ghosts
The time now is Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:48 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Erie haunts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Ghost Hunter Stories
View previous topic | View next topic  
madcow
Curious About Ghost Hunting

PostPosted: Mar Fri 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Erie haunts Reply with quote

We keep on hearing stories of hauntings away from the Erie area; New York, Ohio, and down state. Why do we never hear of activity right here in Erie? I know we have our fair share of ghost lore with stories like Mercyhurst, axe murder hollow, gudgenville covered bridge, and the Mad Antony Wayne's kettle, but how about something more recent? The only recent ting I have heard local is the old State Street Tavern. I am sure there has to be more paranormal activity in a town as old as Erie with the rich history we have to offer.

How about it? Does anyone have any stories they would like to share here?
madcow

PostPosted: Sep Wed 26, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 months and not one reply... Sad(
albionite
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Sep Sat 29, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey madcow , have you every read a book , call Erie, ghost and legend , I’m pretty sure that it ,is what they call , anyway when I was at the local library today do some research, I ask the librarian and she knew what I was talking about , and she ,is suppose to be giving me a call when it come in , it cover ghost story around Erie and the surrounding area
Aedryan Methyus
Prestigious Innovator Of Ghost Study
Prestigious Innovator Of Ghost Study

PostPosted: Sep Sat 29, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the same book I have, it's called "Ghosts Of Erie County" and it was written by Stephanie Wincik in 2002. It's just a little 70 page book with most of the local urban legends - Axe Murder Hollow, Gudgeonville Bridge, "The Haunted Ring" (that one is a doosey.... Laughing), The Chapel Ghost, Mad Anthony Wayne, UFO sightings, etc.

MC, any time I have ever set out to find new places to do investigations, I start by sifting through the "Haunted Locations Pages" pages here on our website. I take notes on the ones that sound really interesting and aren't too far away, then I seach the hell out of each location on the internet with search terms, such as "haunted gudgeonville bridge", "gudgeonville bridge ghosts", "gudgeonville bridge hauntings", "gudgeonville bridge ghost hunters", etc. I try to find locations, which other groups have already investigated and collected at least SOME compelling evidence at. I've found that if a given location is even somewhat worth investigating, lots of other groups will have already been there at least a couple of times.

For some reason we've just never found or been made aware of any really worthwhile places to investigate in the immediate Erie area, MC. Dunno why that is.... Confused That city must be just as lame and boring for dead people as it is for the living I guess.... lol

- Aedryan
madcow

PostPosted: Sep Sun 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have indeed read that book, as well as the next volume "More" ghosts of Erie, County. It was entertaining reading but not much more than repeats of old folklore of the area.

One story in particular did catch my attention. There was a story about a "beast" spotted roaming around the area of Sterritania Road in the book. Thats my neck of the woods and oddly enough my son's good friend swears there is some "monster" that lives in the woods by his his home.

And Aedryan...."That city must be just as lame and boring for dead people as it is for the living I guess"

That's my line use your own material.
albionite
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Sep Sun 30, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey madcow ,srry I was just trying to help.
What part of Sterritania is your neck of the woods?
I travel that road every week for my jobs into Erie. The scariest thing about the road to me is all the new construction going up every week. Soon there is going to be no farm land left.
I do know a few residentials hauntings that I am trying to collect more information on. I am also trying to obtain more information about my past experiences and i will pass on to guys when I have more solid evidence.
madcow

PostPosted: Sep Sun 30, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be sorry at all. I was not offended when someone offers their assistance Smile

As for what part. I live close to the Laurel Hill Cemetery.

Any stories you can share here?
albionite
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Sep Sun 30, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on a couple stories. There is a place in west of town that is rich in history. I am trying to find out if there was any violent murders or suicides, other that the one I do know about in the area ,it was a friend of mine and he committed suicide , Fast forward - Friends from the past moved down in the area in a old house. They are experiencing strange and weird happenings. The wife has had hand prints showing up on her wrists.

One of the homes we lived in the longest had strange and weird happenings going on. Like hearing footsteps, doors opening and closings, imprints of someone sitting on the bed. Since I have found this site I have tried to do some of my own investigation of my parents home. My mom does not like me “ghost hunting” there, because every time I do something I tend to stir things up. She with rather live with what ever is there, then investigate for answers.

Also the place that I live in now. I have experienced a lot of strange and weird things myself. This is were my avatar comes into play. I have been doing some research. There was supposedly a revolutionary war hero buried in two locations. - Here on the place I live and down the road in a small cemetery. From what I have heard when they bulldozed the old house down they unearthed an old skull in the back yard. First they thought it was murder, then they dismissed it as an Indian buried here. I have come to the conclusion that it might be the revolutionary war hero. There was suppose to be a small cemetery located here. They reportedly only removed the headstones.

I only grew up less than 300 yards from this place. It seems like everywhere we have been and moved to; things seem to find me.
madcow

PostPosted: Oct Mon 01, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting. Let me know if I can ever be of help...I have a good camera, digital voice recorder and a digital thermometer.
albionite
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Oct Mon 01, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I wouldn’t mind getting some help on that first story I was telling you about. First I will need to talk to the home owner and see what they have to say about it. I just purchased a canon powershot S3IS. I purchased the camera before I found forum on digital cameras. So I don’t know if it will work for what I want it to. I do have a voice recorder, but not a digital thermometer. An extra hand wouldn’t hurt. As soon as I can get a hold of the home owner I will PM you with my phone number to discuss. Tlk 2 u soon
madcow

PostPosted: Oct Tue 02, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL that is ironic..that is the same camera I have
albionite
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Oct Tue 02, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy sh** ,batman ,that is weird , I have had the camera for about a week now . I think I got it figured so far - I have not even opened the manuals. Or installed the cd - Because you know us REAL men don’t read the instructions. HAHA the only thing I have done so far is installed a 1gb SD card and taken pictures I have also had to change the original `batteries already, taking too many naughty of the wife LoL , so far I have been please with the camera
em
I Realize The Warrens Are Full O' Poop
I Realize The Warrens Are Full O' Poop

PostPosted: Oct Tue 02, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naughty ones of the wife aye....... Shocked Laughing
madcow

PostPosted: Oct Wed 03, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be very careful. You should always read instructions. See below:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/Dog_Diet.html
albionite
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Oct Wed 03, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey em ,yea I got tired of waiting for you to send me naughty pix of yourself so I had to get the wife to pose for me Laughing

And madcow , sorry I can’t view the link, Crying or Very sad that you put up , out here in the stick we are on dial up , which wouldn’t be bad if they would replace the phone line with new one ,like they kept promising me and that when they do replace the line that I can get broad-band , My connection speed is 16.8kbps
I could drive to house and be back home before the page would even load . I try to have some one with a better connection view for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Ghost Hunter Stories