Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost :: View topic - Demonology!? HUH?
Ghost, Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Forums - Ghost And Paranormal Message Forums - Ghost, ghost hunter, paranormal forums - ghost and paranormal message forums. Ghost forums and paranormal forums, ghost stories, ghost chat, true ghost stories and much more. Find ghost forums, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost message boards, ghost discussion groups, ghost message forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, ghosts, paranormal forums, paranormal message boards, aedryan methyus, endless slumber, ghost chat, paranormal chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost study groups, ghost discussions, ghost stories, true ghost stories, ghost forums, ghosts, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, ghosts and MUCH more!
Ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms,  paranormal forums, ghosts, paranormal, the paranormal, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, paranormal forums ghosts, demons, ghost hunters, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, TAPS, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal forums, ghosts, demons paranormal research, facts about ghosts, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunters, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts ghost study, the study of ghosts, ghosts, hauntings, spirits, the paranormal, TAPS,  ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, paranormal chatrooms, paranormal discussion boards, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost hunters, TAPS, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts, demons, spirits, the after life, the afterlife, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion forums, ghosts, spirits, paranormal, after life, the after life, the afterlife, ghost forums, paranormal forums paranormal message forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost discussion, ghost discussions, the paranormal, ghosts, spirits, hauntings, demons, the paranormal, the after life, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, paranormal chat rooms ghosts, spirits, hauntings, ghost hunters, taps, the paranormal, after life, afterlife, paranormal, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal message forums, ghost message forums, ghost hunter forums, forums about ghosts, ghost stories, facts about ghosts
The time now is Aug Fri 22, 2008 8:12 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Demonology!? HUH?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Demons/Demonology
View previous topic | View next topic  
fratka
Prestigious Innovator Of Ghost Study

PostPosted: Oct Fri 13, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Demonology!? HUH? Reply with quote

You know I see a lot of people on the web calling themselves demonologists but are not part of the clergy. To my knowledge you have to be an ordained priest who is educated about demons to be considered a demonologist.

I am not a believer in the dogmatic demon. Of course I know that malevolent entities exist and can be pretty mean, but the fallen angels who are hell-bent on causing the downfall of mankind, who are possessing small (ADHD) children and psychotic adults. Please!

I may sound cynical or jaded but I am sick and tored of people placing the blame of their problems on some non-existant entity. I am tired of these "demonologists" making money, either directly (for exorcisms) or indirectly (book sales, conferences, lectures) on the fears of good, ignorant people.

I guarentee that no person who is involved in the paranormal community can tell you anything more than what you will read on this forum for free. Don't allow anyone to take your money for information you can get for free.

Aedryan and I have been doing this for as long or longer than 95% of the investigators out there and we will answer any question you have for free. If we don't know off the top of our head, then we can look it up in our notes.

Chances are, if we can't give you an answer, then there isn't one. So, please...before you take out your wallet...ask us.

Death does not exist!
http://thecontactfield.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/fratka
Aedryan Methyus

PostPosted: Oct Fri 13, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The title - "Demonologist" is thrown around pretty loosely. Ed Warren's clone and self proclaimed "Demonologist" - Dave Considine is a complete joke! He has made appearances on "A Haunting" a couple of times now and was introduced as Dave Considine - Demonologist/Paranormal Expert.... LOL! That guy (and pretty much everyone like him) will call something a "demonic presence" or " malevolent entity" at the drop of a hat. Then he just sits there and recites the same old tired, mystical horseshit as the "expert" before and after him.

Personally, I don't know any more about demons than anyone else or if they even exist. The only compelling evidence of possession I have ever seen is The Ghost Tracker Possession Incident.

- Aedryan
fratka

PostPosted: Oct Sat 14, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just getting more an more pissed about the fear monger, money machines.

The case of possession you mentioned is probably the most convincing evidence I have ever heard. Although, I suspect from the sounds made and the nature of the haunting they were investigating the entity envolved was not a dogmatic demon.

Death does not exist!
WhiteProphecy
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Nov Wed 01, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i do agree with you guys that the term is being tooo loosely thrown around.. i dont think that one has to be an ordained preist to be a demonologist. Simply because that all the name means is one who studies demons... you dont have to be classically trained and educated to study something.. but yeah... for anyone who reads this... dont go out there and spend money on things that you can get for free.... let alone things that may not true...

Also id like to know if anyone here has even witnessed a demonic possession.. i never have, but ive heard of them... also id like to know peoples views on wether or not only demons can possess a persons body... Anyone have any thoughts?
WhiteProphecy
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Nov Wed 01, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, ok, i just went to that site, and all i have to say is wow...

Ive only heard of that once before, and it was the same thing... the voice changing, and minor facial features changing... though i wasnt there, my gf was, and told me everything... definately creepy
fratka

PostPosted: Nov Wed 01, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WP,

I mentioned being ordained to be a demonologist because the whole concept of demonology and "Dogmatic" demons for that matter was villified by the Catholic church a very long time ago. It was not only biblical demons that were thrown into the mix but also dieties from other religions. All of these practices were attempts to draw people to the church who were the only ones who could protect these people.

I realize it is a semantical argument to replace on word with another but it is just one more way of seperating yourself from a destructive religion. Demons in the biblical sense do not exist. Are there entities that are powerful enough to kill you? Yes! Would they? Most likely not. Most likely they won't even notice you because they are on a completely different "playing field" so to speak.

Death does not exist!
WhiteProphecy
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Nov Thu 02, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, i get the specification you are trying to make. And not to turn this into a theological debate, but if one was to say that the "biblical demons" are simply a different way of understanding the true "demonic forces" so to speak, then they truly do exist. While taking the demons of the bible literally, those demons i dont believe exist, but as have been shown many times, the bible is not something to take literally. so perhaps the biblical demons are simply a way for others to understand and identify with what many of us know to be the real case...
Thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Demons/Demonology