Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost :: View topic - Protection!? Why????
Ghost, Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Forums - Ghost And Paranormal Message Forums - Ghost, ghost hunter, paranormal forums - ghost and paranormal message forums. Ghost forums and paranormal forums, ghost stories, ghost chat, true ghost stories and much more. Find ghost forums, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost message boards, ghost discussion groups, ghost message forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, ghosts, paranormal forums, paranormal message boards, aedryan methyus, endless slumber, ghost chat, paranormal chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost study groups, ghost discussions, ghost stories, true ghost stories, ghost forums, ghosts, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, ghosts and MUCH more!
Ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms,  paranormal forums, ghosts, paranormal, the paranormal, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, paranormal forums ghosts, demons, ghost hunters, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, TAPS, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal forums, ghosts, demons paranormal research, facts about ghosts, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunters, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts ghost study, the study of ghosts, ghosts, hauntings, spirits, the paranormal, TAPS,  ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, paranormal chatrooms, paranormal discussion boards, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost hunters, TAPS, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts, demons, spirits, the after life, the afterlife, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion forums, ghosts, spirits, paranormal, after life, the after life, the afterlife, ghost forums, paranormal forums paranormal message forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost discussion, ghost discussions, the paranormal, ghosts, spirits, hauntings, demons, the paranormal, the after life, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, paranormal chat rooms ghosts, spirits, hauntings, ghost hunters, taps, the paranormal, after life, afterlife, paranormal, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal message forums, ghost message forums, ghost hunter forums, forums about ghosts, ghost stories, facts about ghosts
The time now is Jan Thu 08, 2009 8:41 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

Protection!? Why????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Safe & Happy Ghost Hunting
View previous topic | View next topic  
fratka
Prestigious Innovator Of Ghost Study

PostPosted: Jul Tue 18, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Protection!? Why???? Reply with quote

Laughing I'm sure ya'll are asking yourselves why I am asking questions I should already know the answer to... Well I take nothing for granted when dealing with the paranormal or dealing with the people interested in the paranormal. I ask these seemingly stupid questions to get a feel for how others approach research into the previously unknown. I kind of gauge your level of experience off of your protection methods or lack of protection methods.

I'm from the school of "to each his/her own" or whatever makes you feel comfortable. Since a couple of you have answered that you use protection and why, I will tell you a little about my views on it (children you may want to leave the room). Shocked

Frank's method of protection...boots, booney cap, condom and a light coat of oil. J/J

I don't use protection for investigations or hunts! What I teach my investigators is to bow out your chest and walk in like you own the place. All you need is personal courage! Very simple, right. I know you are thinking...oh my goodness, he just don't know does he? Honestly do I? No, of course not...*ahem*. Can a ghost hit you...yes! Can a ghost scratch you...yes! Can a ghost trip you...yes! Then again so can my big sister. My point is, in the years I have been doing this I have never seen or heard of anyone ever being seriously messed-up by a ghost. NEVER!

Some people are going to answer this post with posts on possession, sudden death syndrome or other unproven and unsubstantiated claims. Don't unless you can cite specific cases with facts by educated investigators. Don't embelish either because I will check your claims. Remember, just a hundred years ago if you were insane you were possessed.

I like to debate points, so don't get your panties in a wad over my opinions.

Death does not exist!
http://thecontactfield.blogspot.com/
http://www.myspace.com/fratka
Aedryan Methyus

PostPosted: Jul Tue 18, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to do the ole "energy cleansing" and "protective shield" routine. We don't do it anymore, because, well.... Who wants to look like an ass before they do an investigation?

We also used to do the whole "telling the spirits they aren't allowed to follow any of us home" bit before we left too, but now we always welcome them to follow others in the group home. Nothing like some good ole armchair ghost hunting from the comfort of your own home!

We always welcome them to push, hit, bite, scratch, possess and mollest each other as well. I have made it my personal quest to document Matt and Jim both being followed home and getting anal raped and brutalized by a group of gay ghosts.... LOL

We also have an agreement that if one of us become possessed, the rest of us are going to take them home and tie them up in a room, so the rest of us can document it.

In hindsight, I just can't help but wonder if the SHGHRS' protocols could possibly have something to do with why we've had so much trouble keeping members! Hmm.... Twisted Evil

- Aedryan
fratka

PostPosted: Jul Wed 19, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the original post on another forum and I got a response that I was mortally arrogant to think I could walk in like I owned the joint. Some people just don't get it! Mortal, who the fuck is mortal...If you have learned anything from investigating ghosts is that we live on. There is no mortality...no final showdown. Twisted Evil

This was my response:

Quote:
It has nothing to do with mortal arrogance; it has to do with your level of fear. I have read more stories of people being hurt because of fear instead of direct influence by a spirit (running, jumping and overreacting).

I possess zero mortal arrogance, I have courage and self confidence. I know exactly how I fit into the broader reality of the universe. I don't have an attitude of superiority over any being, I see myself as equal. I don't presume or assume that I won't get messed up but I do accept that it could happen and I am prepared to handle it when and if it does. I've never said I was fearless but I do this despite my fear, which in my opinion is the definition of courage (you put aside your fear to accomplish the task at hand).

With that said, "protection" is presumptuous in nature because you presume that some higher being, ideal, talisman or iconic symbol will protect you from another very real being. You assume that this "symbol" has the power to keep a being of evident free-will from messing you up if it wants to.

It takes a certain amount of courage for all of us to do what we do in the field. I don't take that away from any investigator or researcher who does field work. I just want to see investigators and researchers get away from the mysticism when collecting and documenting evidence.

Death does not exist!

Last edited by fratka on Jul Thu 20, 2006 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total
fratka

PostPosted: Jul Wed 19, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I lived up there I would request membership in a heartbeat! I live for that shit!

Death does not exist!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Safe & Happy Ghost Hunting